Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Did I mention....


Mom and Dad
Originally uploaded by nancymlittle
That I have the best parents ever? It's not a special anniversary date or anything like that. I just wanted to dedicate this post to my parents.

They have been the most amazing parents one could ever ask for. I admire them to no end. They have been married for 39 years. Their 40 year anniversary is coming up in May. Unfortunately, they won't be here to celebrate with us, but it's ok....they are going to Costa Rica!

Our life was pretty normal and I thank them for that. I always hear all these stories from different people about how horrible their childhood was or how they didn't have both parents around at all times.

Granted, it wasn't always peachy keen, but it was great growing up around them. We had our disagreements (mostly mom and me). Dad was the enabler (heehee) and I was his baby girl (I still am). I have to admit, I got away with quite a bit, BUT my brother got away with a LOT more (with my mom). Can you tell I'm still bitter about this? lol

Even though I didn't get to do a lot of things because of how strict my mom was, I appreciate that she cared enough to set those rules in place. I know I didn't like it at the time, but as I grew older and had Vincent, I knew exactly why she did what she did with us.

Mom and Dad, I love you with all my heart and I thank God for you each and every day. I may not show it all the time, but it's true. Thank you for being such great parents and teaching us right from wrong. I will pass on all those life lessons to my kids and hopefully do as good of a job as you guys did.

Thank you! MWAH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment